There is currently no way to stop Instagram from saving the photos you post. However, you can delete the pictures you will post from your account after a while.
To do this, immediately open the Instagram app and switch to the ‘Profile’ section. Click on the three lines at the top left of your screen and then select ‘Settings.’ Scroll down a bit and hit the ‘Clear History’ menu. This way, you can instantly and permanently delete all your published pictures from your account.
How Can I Stop Saving Instagram Posts?
Our phone’s memory usually fills up sooner as the amount of content we store increases. We use our devices for many things, such as checking our email, downloading apps, or talking to friends, family, or colleagues via instant messaging chat or social networks.
All this takes up space on our phones, slowing down the phone. It is also interesting that from time to time, we empty the application cache to clear the mobile of unnecessary content.
If we use applications such as Instagram, we must have noticed that the photos and videos we take from the social network save on our phones. This may not be necessary for us, and we would like to disable this option. That’s why we explain below how to stop saving all the photos and videos you take and post on Instagram.
- For Android, you first need to log in to your Instagram account and click on the three-dot icon in the upper right corner.
- Moreover, in the next step, go to the ‘Account’ section and click on the ‘Original Photos’ menu.
- In this section, you will see different options such as ‘Save Original Photos,’ ‘Save Posted Photos,’ and ‘Save Posted Videos.’
- Finally, enable or disable the option that interests you. So you can manage your phone’s storage much better.
For iPhone, open the Instagram app immediately and then follow these steps:
- Tap on your profile and tap on the top right to open your side menu.
- Select ‘Settings’ at the bottom.
- In ‘Settings,’ select ‘Account.’
- Scroll down a bit and click on the ‘Original Photos’ button.
- Finally, set the location off to save your photos.