Social media and followers go hand in hand. One can never have enough; the other doesn’t care. Read on to find out what settings you can make and how to remove followers with Facebook!
Facebook and mainly Twitter users use the phenomenon of followers to measure the popularity of their (personal) pages. Long story short, the number of followers is an essential indicator of their popularity for many. This is, of course, an important factor for those engaged in (online) business activities. But as many home and garden users say, followers are much less critical. Some don’t even want to know anything about it.
How to Remove Facebook Followers on Computer?
- Open your browser. Browse Facebook, and log in with your username and password.
- Click the down arrow in the upper right corner of your screen to open the menu.
- Click the ‘Settings and Privacy’ button from the menu.
- Then select ‘Settings’ again
- Select ‘Public Messages’ in the left sidebar.
- Select ‘Friends’ from the drop-down menu next to ‘who can follow me?’
You will immediately become a little smarter if you read the additional information. Therefore, it isn’t possible to altogether disable followers on Facebook. Friends will automatically become followers. If you’re selling products on Marketplace and don’t want followers, you’ll have to adjust the settings on Marketplace yourself.
How to Remove Facebook Followers on Mobile?
- Open Facebook on your mobile device.
- Scroll down and press the ‘Settings and Privacy’ button.
- Tap ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the ‘Privacy’ section and tap on ‘Public Messages.’
- Under ‘Who can follow me,’ tap the bar that says ‘Friends.’
- However, if a particular follower who isn’t your friend is bothering you, you cannot get them to ‘unfollow’ you. They decide this themselves. You can block them or add them to your restricted list. If you block them, they won’t be able to see anything on your profile, and you won’t be able to see theirs.
- If you add them to your restricted list, they can only see posts you have marked as public.